Are you maximizing your board’s potential?
This workshop provides a clear, no-nonsense approach to building and maintaining a dynamic board—a critical task for every nonprofit organization. In this workshop you will learn about recruitment, the role of the governing board, legal and societal responsibilities, the responsibilities of directors in relation to the responsibilities of staff, and organization of the governing board. Participants will discuss several case studies and will learn best practices for conducting board meetings.
Topics Addressed: board governance, nonprofit management, leadership, strategic thinking, decision making, communication, recruitment
Level: Introductory course
Who should attend?
- Professionals who are new to their role on a nonprofit board.
- Executive Directors or leadership team members interested in building and engaging their board.
- CNM Members working toward a Nonprofit Leadership Certificate
Method of Facilitation: lecture, group discussion, lots of hands-on materials, case studies
This work will amplify the impact of nonprofits by helping participants:
- Share board best practices and common pitfalls.
- Understand board member’s legal duties and roles.
- Guide the board in adopting sound policies and procedures.