The world around us is constantly changing… but is your organization keeping up?
In the course learn about the step-by-step process of bringing your nonprofit through a significant change. Participants will learn about the importance of managing the human side of the organization with buy-in, involvement, and communication. Also learn more about the structures needed to ensure your change plan does not fall apart. Participants will learn how to assess for change readiness in your organization to help determine the success rate of the change. Whether it is managing change internally or working with the changing environment in Middle Tennessee, the key elements of change management can be applied.
Topics Addressed: change management, leadership, revenue diversification, human resources, communication, internal and external factors, civic engagement and volunteerism, collaboration, competition for resources, and leadership
Level: Intermediate level course
Who should attend?
- Executives in leadership positions.
- Existing or new nonprofit board members.
- Anyone interested in pursuing a leadership role.
- CNM Members working towards their HR certificate.
- CNM Members working towards their Nonprofit Leadership certificate.
Method of Facilitation: lecture, group discussion
This work will amplify the impact of nonprofits by helping participants:
- Define the role that ambiguity, systems, and people have in creating change.
- Learn about the importance of managing the human side of the organization with buy-in, involvement, and communication.
- Understand the principles of preparation for change.
- Discuss common pitfalls and why change management projects often fail.