One elective credit toward Revenue Development Certificate
This class is designed for mid-level development officers, not for those entering the development field.
Fundraising is hard and with a changing economy, revised tax codes, and ever-increasing needs, it is sure to get even harder. So how can fundraisers overcome these barriers and help their organization grow, thrive, and meet its mission? Getting back to the fundamental core principles of fundraising will benefit fundraising and nonprofit professionals of all experience levels. This two-day boot camp will focus on the four cornerstones of a successful fundraising shop: case, leadership, prospects, and planning.
• Review and discuss the fundamental principles of effective fundraising
• Discuss new and innovative ways to convey a compelling case for support
• Develop and practice a thirty second elevator speech
• Review effective board recruitment, engagement and utilization techniques
• Problem solve with peers and facilitators around specific issues within your organization’s board
• Examine best practices in identifying, qualifying, and cultivating prospects
• Participate in mock solicitations
• Identify creative ways to steward current donors
• Discuss the importance of planning and how to develop a fundraising plan
After the two days, you will have the opportunity for a one-hour follow up consultation with the instructors (Attendees are responsible for scheduling the one-on-one session with the instructors within 30 days of the boot camp). This workshop has limited seating, so register early.
This two-day training opportunity will begin Tuesday, October 24 at 8:30 a.m. and close Wednesday, October 25 at 3:30 p.m. The fee for this event includes registration and lunch for two days of training. Payment is due in full with registration; cancellations available if received by CNM in writing up to one week prior to session and if waiting list provides replacement.
CNM is an approved provider for CFRE International Continuing Education Program. Full participation in the Two-Day Fundraising Boot Camp is applicable for up to twelve (12.00) continuing education points per day for a total of twelve (12) during the clinic in Category 1.B – Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.