You have the idea, the passion, and the vision for a nonprofit… but how do you bring it to life?
This session will help give you guidance to navigate the legal steps and action items required to register a nonprofit. Led by CNM Experts Jim Vallancourt and Larry Howlett, learn the step-by-step process necessary to gain nonprofit tax-exempt status. Participants will be guided through a booklet of tools and resources to help them on their journey, filled with specific checklist, government documents, and best practice tips.
Topics Addressed: finance, fundraising, leadership, management, board governance, strategic planning, business planning
Level: Introductory level course
Who should attend?
- Professionals interested in starting a nonprofit.
- Professionals who have begun the start-up process.
Method of Facilitation: interactive lecture, group discussion
This work will amplify the impact of nonprofits by helping participants:
- Understand the process of steps necessary to gain nonprofit tax exempt status.
- Successfully complete the articles of incorporation and IRS Form 1023.
- Become knowledgeable about the legal expectations and the nondistribution constraint of forming a start-up nonprofit.
- Gain expert feedback on the nonprofit startup process and advice for next steps.