Does your organization have the resources itneeds to achieve its mission and vision?
The nonprofits that survive, grow, and make adifference understand how fundraising is intricately woven with accomplishingtheir goals. This workshop will introduce participants to the elements offundraising including how to create a balanced development plan and the variouscomponents of fundraising and their unique roles in enabling your organizationto raise needed resources, as well as storytelling and stewardship. Participants will also explore sources ofcontributions, the reasons that donors give, and techniques for connecting withconstituents.
Topics Addressed: fundraising, creating a development plan,revenue diversification, communication, stewardship
Level: introductory class for nonprofit beginners
Who should attend?
- New development professionals and employees with resource development responsibilities
- CNM Members working toward a Revenue Development Certificate
- CNM Members working toward a Nonprofit Essentials Certificate
Method of Facilitation: lecture, real life examples, groupdiscussion, group activities
This work will amplify the impact ofnonprofits by helping participants:
- Understand fundraising best practices.
- Create a development plan and case statement for their organization.
- Understand the techniques for identification, cultivation, and stewardship of donors.
- Work with peers to network and share insights.
CNM is an approved provider for CFRE International Continuing Education Program. Full participation in The Fundamentals of Fundraising is applicable for up to six (6.00)continuing education points in Category 1.B – Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification