Does your organization have the resources it needs to achieve its mission and vision?
The nonprofits that survive, grow, and make a difference understand how fundraising is intricately woven with accomplishing their goals. This workshop will introduce participants to the elements of fundraising including stewardship, storytelling, and the critical importance of a strategic and development plan. Participants will also explore sources of contributions, the reasons that donors give, and techniques for connecting with constituents.
Topics Addressed: fundraising, revenue diversification, communication, storytelling
Level: introductory class for nonprofit beginners
Who should attend?
- New development professionals and employees with resource development responsibilities
- CNM Members working toward a Revenue Development Certificate
- CNM Members working toward a Nonprofit Essentials Certificate
Method of Facilitation: lecture, real life examples, group discussion, group activities
This work will amplify the impact of nonprofits by helping participants:
- Understand fundraising best practices.
- Create a development plan and case statement for their organization.
- Understand the techniques for identification, cultivation, and stewardship of donors.
- Work with peers to network and share insights.
CNM is an approved provider for CFRE International Continuing Education Program. Full participation in The Fundamentals of Fundraising is applicable for up to six (6.00)continuing education points in Category 1.B – Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification