What does it take to bring your organization’s fundraising goals to the next level?
Major gift solicitation is the process through which we identify, cultivate, solicit and steward the gifts from major investors in our organizations. Through this workshop, participants will have the opportunity to learn the vital skills needed for each step of the development process. This course will discuss revenue diversification and how to determine which investors to cultivate. Participants will have the opportunity to craft and practice making their 'ask" and receive feedback from fellow participants regarding its effectiveness and clarity.
Topics Addressed: fundraising, revenue diversification, communication
Level: introductory course for fundraising beginners
Who should attend?
- Nonprofit professionals who are new to the field of revenue development.
- Fundraisers who want to implement new major gifts strategies.
- CNM Members working toward a Nonprofit Leadership Certificate.
- CNM Members working toward a Revenue Development Certificate.
Method of Facilitation: lecture, group activities, discussion
This work will amplify the impact of nonprofits by helping participants:
- Identify current and potential major donors.
- Develop individual plans to cultivate major donors to position them to be asked for support.
- Practice making asks for financial support for your organization.
Full participation in the Major Gifts is applicable for up to six (6.00)continuing education points in Category 1.B – Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
Quotes from previous participants: "Michelle was extremely experienced and taught the class with much knowledge and ability to share with the class. I learned a lot of beneficial information."