Your ability to deliver a clear, concise and compelling presentation about your nonprofit organization is essential to your success. Funders, volunteers and board members want to know what you’re doing to meet challenges and how you’re fulfilling your mission.
Led by experienced TV reporter and presentation skills trainer Mimi Bliss of Bliss Communications (mimibliss.com), this workshop shows you how to tell the story of your nonprofit organization.
You’ll learn to develop and deliver a professional presentation, whether you’re speaking to a community group, your board of directors, or a potential donor. The interactive workshop will have opportunities to practice and get feedback.
Topics Addressed: communication, program management, fundraising, leadership, management
Level: Introductory course
Who should attend?
- Novice and experienced public speakers.
- Executive team, board members, volunteers, program managers and directors.
- CNM Members working toward a Program Management certificate
Method of Facilitation: interactive activities, group discussion, group and individual presentations
This work will amplify the impact of nonprofits by helping participants:
- Connect with your audience and understand how to shift your language.
- Organize your information in a way that creates clarity.
- Use storytelling to enhance engagement.
- Speak so people listen.
- Incorporate effective visuals into presentations.