Required: This course requires participants to have an laptop with Excel. If you do not have access to this, please contact CNM so we can accommodate your needs.
Many organizations know they need a dashboard, but very few know the process to create one.
In this workshop, participants will learn how a dashboard report can give board members and staff a comprehensive overview of the organization. Learn how dashboards display an organization’s status on the mission, program goals, and general direction. Participants will learn the important of designing a dashboard in a clear, quick and easy-to-read format that can be understood by many stakeholders. This workshop will help participants understand the key components of a successful dashboard and how to most effectively use the tool in their organization.
Topics Addressed: program management, data analysis, evaluation, technical skills, communication
Level: Intermediate level course
Who should attend?
- Nonprofit professionals who organize data to present to board or potential donors.
- CNM Members working toward a Nonprofit Leadership certificate (2018).
Method of Facilitation: lecture, real world examples, discussion
This work will amplify the impact of nonprofits by helping participants:
- Understand the uses and purposes of dashboard reporting.
- Learn different types of visual tools that can be used to create a dashboard.
- Create a process for developing a reporting dashboard for your organization.