The Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Series is generously sponsored by Vanderbilt University.
Does your nonprofit reflect the people that it serves? Are you having trouble recruiting and retaining diverse talent into your organization?
This workshop gives participants tools for recruiting, engaging,and retaining diverse talent for your organization. Participants will learn how diversity positively impacts organizations, and why organizations benefit from inclusive environments. This course will provide a brave place for discussions on equity and inclusion to evaluate where your organization is on its path toward inclusion. Learn what to do (ex. embrace inclusive culture values,diverse hiring panel, etc) and what not to do (i.e. tokenize minorities,abusing quotas, etc).
Topics Addressed: organizational culture, diversity, communication,developing others, cultural competence
Level: Introductory course
Who should attend?
- Nonprofit professionals in HR roles and leadership roles.
- Anyone interested in learning more about workplace diversity.
- CNM Members working toward their Leadership Development certificate
Method of Facilitation: group discussion, presentations, case studies
This work will amplify the impact of nonprofits by helping participants:
- Learn why diversity, equity, and inclusion are important in any organization.
- Identify and define their organizational culture and values, and how to make them more inclusive.
- Identify recruitment strategies for their organization.
- Work with peers to build relationships and learn how to successfully leverage diversity and increase inclusion