Are you ready to diversify your funding? The federal government may be able to help.
In the United States, the federal government is the largest of all grant-makers. This workshop provides an overview of writing successful federal grant proposals along with tips and techniques to strengthen your chances of securing federal funding. Participants will receive experienced answers to individual questions and have the opportunity to critique actual proposals.
Topics Addressed: federal grant writing, communication, fundraising, revenue diversification.
Level: Intermediate course
Who should attend?
- New fundraising and grant writing professionals.
- CNM Members working toward a Fundraising certificate.
Method of Facilitation: interactive lecture, group work, group discussion
This work will amplify the impact of nonprofits by helping participants:
- Understand what grant reviewers are looking for in grants.
- Understand best practices and pitfalls in writing federal grants.
- Practice reading and critiquing real proposals.
- Utilize techniques in writing and communication to strengthen their federal grant.
Full participation in the Writing Federal Grants is applicable for up to six (6.00)continuing education points in Category 1.B – Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.