What makes a great leader?
In this course participants will learn what it takes to be a great leader. Participants will create an effective communication plan for their team, and learn how to address performance issues. This session will explore motivation and the leader’s role in energizing their team. Lead by CNM expert Deb Palmer George, participants will practice coaching, mentoring, leading, and delegating effectively. Participants will continue their leadership development and learn leadership skills to be applied directly within their nonprofits
Topics Addressed: leadership, management, communication, human resources, developing others, self-awareness
Who should attend?
- Nonprofit professionals new to their leadership roles.
- Nonprofit professionals interested in a leadership role.
- Seasoned leaders interested in refreshing/ honing their skills.
Method of Facilitation: interactive, group discussion, group activities
This work will amplify the impact of nonprofits by helping participants:
- Create an effective communication system for their team to be successful.
- Address performance issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Learn what motivates board, staff, and stakeholders and how to effectively use needed strategies.
- Develop a system for roles, responsibilities, and relationships with board, staff, and stakeholders.
Quotes from previous participants: "This workshop should be mandatory for everyone in a leadership position. It speaks to the heart of how we relate to one another to support our missions and goals."
"Deb delivers an uplifting training full of insights and immediately applicable skills."
"The interactive atmosphere was extremely helpful and ideal."