According to Judith E. Glaser, world-renowned researcher and author or Conversational Intelligence®, conversation is everything. Conversations is often the main ingredient in building trust. However, few leaders know how to cultivate their “C-IQ” to benefit their teams.
Join CNM Expert Deb Palmer George for an Introduction to C-IQ- an empowering and practical approach to having conversations that matter.
Topics Addressed: communication, leadership development, human resources, performance management, relationship building, developing others
Who should attend?
- Nonprofit leadership team from the same organization.
- Nonprofit professionals in leadership or management roles who want to further develop their skills.
- Board members or volunteers who want to learn more about cultivating leadership communication strategies.
- CNM Members working toward their Leadership Development certificate
Method of Facilitation: lecture, interactive discussion, group activities
This work will amplify the impact of nonprofits by helping participants:
- Understand the three dimensions of conversation as it relates to their leadership.
- Practice the key elements of having effective conversations.
- Work with peers to build relationships, share insights, and receive feedback.
Quotes from previous participants: "The way that Deb presented the material was very relatable."
"Certified in topic, teaching style was warm and inviting and educational."
"Great content for other leaders in my organization."