Welcome Center, Resource Specialist
Position: Full Time / Regular Non-Exempt
Reports To: Supportive Services Manager
This position is primarily responsible for the provision of services in the agency Welcome Center which serves as the agency’s first contact to initiate and access services. This employee provides direct service to clients and performs clerical duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Welcome Center Desk:
1. Provide scheduled, non-scheduled and phone customers information about agency such as location and services provided.
2. Greet persons entering establishment, determine nature and purpose of visit and direct or escort them to specific destinations
3. Monitor use of space in front of building, waiting area and physical access to office space and as necessary, intervenes to ensure orderly, safe and secure use of facility.
4. Assist staff and/or clients to: secure needed program(s) eligibility documentation, complete intake and other informational forms, and/or secure appointments with partner agencies/services.
5. Assist clients with mail, clothing, thrift store voucher, and nutrition and hygiene items.
6. Assist staff with compilation of ancillary health, financial, housing, practical and social services directory to assist with client referral to services.
7. Participate with team to identify, develop and implement best practices for services.
8. Maintain work consistent with Department/Team Quality Assurance Standards.
1. Enter individual client services rendered by Welcome Center staff into the client database
2. Maintain inventory of department supplies.
1. Adheres to Agency and Department policies and procedures
2. Participate in Agency and Department meetings and events, collection of data/information, and Quality Improvement Monitoring and Review.
3. Perform other duties as designated by supervisor or agency
Must be punctual and timely in meeting all requirements of performance, including, but not limited to, attendance standards and work deadlines; beginning and ending assignments on time; and scheduled work breaks; where applicable.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
§ Analytical - Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
§ Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
§ Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
§ Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget.
§ Business Necessity – The needs of the employer may be dependent on responding to and anticipating rapidly changing external and internal demands in all aspects of how business is conducted. This may include, but is not limited to, organization structure, finances, goals, personnel, work processes, technology, and customer demands. Therefore, it may become necessary to make modifications to how business is conducted and work is accomplished, with minimal or no advance notice to employees. Accordingly the employee must be capable of adapting, with minimal or no advance notice, to changes in how business is conducted and work is accomplished, with no diminishment in work performance.
§ Safety and Security –All employees are responsible for observing safety and security procedures as applicable and reporting potentially unsafe conditions to management.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; Associates Degree preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be very computer literate including have knowledge of: Internet Software; Spreadsheet Software (Excel); and Word Processing Software (Word).
OTHER SKILL, ABILITIES, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Veteran, preferred.
- Two or more years of experience in customer service, preferably in a social services setting.
- Preferred paid/volunteer experience in veteran /veteran family settings.
- Excellent customer service skills: energetic, outgoing, engaging and personable.
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Compassionate, energetic and team focused.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and climb or balance; stoop; kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.