Park Center Nashville is a nonprofit, community- based organization servicing Nashville since 1984. Our mission is to empower people who have mental illness and substance use disorders to live and work in their communities.
We are proud of our talented and caring staff, who are dedicate to our mission. We meet Individuals and families where they are, and together, develop plans to build on strength and help achieve hopes and dreams.
We are seeking a part-time, Resident Counselor, who works side by side with residents on psychiatric rehabilitation goals to foster independence in Supported Housing and Safe Havens.
· Forms relationships with residents by talking with them and reading their history and assessments in the charts. Socializes with them on each shift to build rapport and a trusting, friendly bond.
· Creates learning opportunities and teachable moments with residents to promote further knowledge and independence.
· Supervises individual residents as residents take medications. Discusses the medications, the proper dosage, and the time it is to be taken. Educates residents on how to take their medication independently.
· Assists residents with daily skills such as cooking, general housekeeping, hygiene, and other activities of independent living. Encourages residents to participate in community activities offered by Park Center and have the residents sign up on the calendar.
· Collaborates with Housing Coordinator and Housing Case Manager to provide psychiatric rehabilitation services to residents. Assists with groups and individual sessions with residents as instructed by housing staff.
· Ensures that the house is kept neat and clean by assisting residents in completing assigned chores on a daily basis, providing education as necessary.
· Document daily progress notes on each resident in AWARDS as well as documenting house activities in the house log book.
· Documents when medication is given by initialing medication log, noting on house log, and in individual progress note.
· A high school diploma or GED or
· A minimum of three years’ experience in a related field
· Ability to work independently and under minimal supervision
· Good oral and written communication skills
· Strong professional and ethical behaviors
· Knowledge of basic computer skills
If you want more than just a job, if you want to make a difference in people’s lives, then Park Center has opportunities for you.
This is a part-time position.
Park Center is proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We do not discriminate in services or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other class protected by federal, state or local law. We value diversity and welcome applications from others who do the same.