To provide case management and other support services to residents of Supported and Safe Haven Housing towards the goal of more independent community integration.
1. Support services for residents:
A. Refers and links residents to services including primary care provider, Park Center’s Outreach SOAR team, food stamps, TennCare, case management, educational programs and other services identified by the resident.
B. Works with resident on housing options after leaving Safe Haven. Refer to Park Center’s Supported or Independent program.
C. Communicates pertinent information and plans to primary case manager.
D. Transports clients to appointments when primary case manager and other supports are unable to do so.
E. Conducts weekly house meetings at Safe Havens for residents to report progress, for discussion of house issues, and for periodic programming groups, such as a monthly Employment Group
F. Assists Employment Team with residents as needed
G. Assists with transition/discharge planning.
H. Attends Outreach meetings as needed for coordination of care.
I. Assists with WRAP, IMR, and additional skills training groups as needed.
J. Participates in at least two significant direct-care interactions with each resident per month
2. Develop Service Plans.
A. Completes the initial Service Plan, with the resident’s input, within 14 days of
B. Ensures that the Service Plans are appropriately updated and modified to meet the ongoing needs of the resident.
C. Ensures that the service plan is implemented and that interventions are carried out consistently and appropriately.
D. Teaches, demonstrates, and actively assists residents in developing the skills to maintain stability in the community.
3. Chart Documentation
A. Ensures that each resident is scheduled for a physical examination within 30 days of entering the program and document in chart. Ensures that each resident receives a physical exam at least once per year thereafter.
B. Writes AWARDS Progress Notes for each significant contact with resident within three business days of the encounter.
C. Reads through resident progress notes as-needed to gain familiarity with member progress and barriers.
D. Documents discharges in AWARDS.
4. Medication Documentation
A. Ensures each resident has a sufficient supply of medications by responding to any refill needs, coaching residents in building skills to obtain medications, and communicating with residents’ medications providers and primary case managers
5. Record keeping/Administrative Duties:
A. Records time on weekly time sheet.
B. Records nightly absences in AWARDS at the end of the month.
C. Assists Residential Services Director in completing monthly Community Supported Housing report
D. Assists Resident Counselor Supervisor with Resident Counselor Meeting biweekly
6. Public/Staff Relations:
A. Utilizes voice and email.
B. Communicates regularly with other staff to meet the needs of members and residents.
C. Develops appropriate working relationships with other mental health, social service and rehabilitation agencies.
D. Works as a team player with other staff.
- Other Duties as a member of Park Center Housing staff:
- Attends staff and supervision meetings.
- Assists with housing events.
- Participates on on-call rotation.
- Has good attendance in the program and informs supervisor in advance of annual leave or other time off.
- Follows all Personnel Policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
· Ability to work independently and with a team.
· Ability to meet deadlines
· Good communication skills.
· Strong professional and ethical behaviors.
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college in social work, sociology or other related field OR at
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college in social work, sociology or other related field OR at least 2 years’ experience in a mental health or social service setting.
· Psychosocial or housing experience preferred.
· Must be able to show proof of personal automobile insurance.
· Must be insurable under Park Center's automobile insurance.