St. Luke's Community House Site Director
Preston Taylor Ministries (PTM), an after-school and mentoring program, sponsors seven after-school sites.
- PTM is seeking a part-time elementary site director for the site that meets at St. Luke's Community House (1605 56th Ave N)
- Twenty children (K-4th grade) meet Monday-Thursday after-school throughout the school year.
- The program focuses on reading development and homework assistance in a Christ-centered environment.
- The site director would be responsible for coordinating the after-school program for K-4th grade and assisting the reading program teacher in administering assessment and evaluation results.
- This site director would lead in volunteer recruitment and training, share in the supervision of interns and work study students, represent program at various functions, possess excellent communication skills, and maintain positive relationships with parents and teachers/faculty.
- The successful site director would be a person who embraces the mission of PTM--“Preston Taylor Ministries (PTM) empowers Preston Taylor children and youth to discover and live their God-inspired dreams, develop a love for learning, and build joy-filled friendships that glorify Christ Jesus.”
- He/she would have a bachelor’s degree or higher or commensurate experience. He/she would be able to connect well and build relationships with church leaders, educational leaders, volunteers, and the children in the after-school program.
- Preferred but not required is fluency in speaking, reading and writing Spanish.
The expectation is that the St. Luke's Community House Elementary Site Director would work an average of 26.5 hours per week (programming is from 3:30-5:30, a staff meeting at 12:30 on Wednesdays, and the planning hours are done on Site Director's schedule). The pay would be $20 per hour.
Position will begin on July 30, 2018.