The Transportation Coordinator will transport crews of Transitional Employees to worksite(s) in middle Tennessee. The Transportation Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that the work crew arrives and departs according to the route and schedule approved by the PRO Employment Manager. The Transportation Coordinator will abide by Project Return’s Company Driver Policy and will follow standard safe practices for motor vehicle operations.
The ideal Transportation Coordinator demonstrates defensive driving (i.e.“driving to save lives, time, and money in spite of the conditions around them and the actions of others”); is an effective communicator; keeps accurate records of work crew attendance; and is effective at fostering caring, professional relationships with Project Return participants and Transitional Employment Partners and other agency constituents.
Project Return's mission is to provide services and connect people with resources needed to return successfully to work and community after incarceration. Beyond the priority of employment, Project Return addresses basic needs of ex-offenders, such as food and clothing, substance abuse issues, and transportation and housing, and tackles more complex needs including education and child support.
PRO Employment is Project Return's social enterprise initiative - a transitional employment program. The program offers recently released offenders stable transitional employment under the guidance of Project Return, designed to improve their employability, by giving them current work experience, developmental and constructive feedback, and a solid reference base.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the job functions for this role:
- Maintain Defensive Driving certification as required and provided by Project
Return and ensure/perform the necessary precautions/responses
- Ensure that Transitional Employees follow safe passenger practices
- Adhere to all provisions contained within Project Return’s Company Vehicle Policy
Work Crew Coordination
- Transport work crew to worksites according to the approved route and schedule
using a Project Return vehicle
- Ensure worksite duties are completed to a high standard on a daily basis
Record Keeping & Communication
- Communicate with Work Crew participants regarding schedule and route
- Communicate with Staff regarding participant performance and service needs
- Accurately maintain documentation of participants’ time worked for all Work Crew participants and self per Project Return’s procedures
- Promptly notify the PRO Employment Manager of any matter that adversely affects the operation of the Work Crew (e.g. schedule conflicts, transportation predicaments, participant performance problems, and Transitional Employment Partner requests).
- In cases of emergency, notify Project Return immediately after taking necessary emergency measures
- Commitment to the mission of Project Return
- Valid Driver’s License, automobile insurance, and driving record clear of a DUI conviction or more than two moving violations within the last three years
- Ability to travel in and around middle Tennessee according to organization needs
- Access to mobile phone for communication regarding schedule changes and other situations
- Experience in communicating with and mentoring diverse group of disadvantaged adults, fostering positive relationships and high morale
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to resolve conflict appropriately and handle crisis situations as they arise