POSITION: RURAL PLANNING COORDINATOR
- Position is responsible for the coordination of rural transportation planning in accordance with the provisions stated in the contracts between TDOT and MCHRA.
- Rural Planning Coordinator may be assigned to work in any area of transportation planning and may participate in the varied development, monitoring, and coordination of transportation planning projects for counties and cities making the Middle Tennessee Rural Planning Organization.
- Assists in the development and review of guidelines for coordination of land use and transportation decisions between Tennessee Department of Transportation and Middle Tennessee Rural Planning Organization communities.
- Professional and administrative work involves coordinating rural transportation initiatives and serving as a liaison with local government officials and the Tennessee Department of Transportation-Long Range Planning for the Middle Tennessee Rural Planning Organization.
- Successful candidate will assist in the development of Rural Regional Transportation plans, Corridor Management Agreements, and various transportation plans.
- Provides technical assistance to local community partners and Consultation Organizations.
- Participates in regular collaborative opportunities with metropolitan transportation planning organizations, rural transportation consultation organizations, cities, and counties.
- Reviews new and established federal, state, and local plans and policies and makes recommendations for implementation.
- Maintains a comprehensive, current knowledge of applicable policies, procedures, programs, codes, regulations and standards; conducts research and maintains an awareness of new issues, methods, equipment, trends and advances in the profession;
- Reads professional literature to stay up to date with best practices; maintains professional affiliations; participates in continuing education activities; attends meetings, conferences, workshops and training sessions as appropriate.
- Attends meetings, serves on committees, and makes presentations as needed; participates on review committees, policy committees, or other committees; represents the Middle Tennessee Rural Planning Organization at public meetings and statewide events.
- Coordinates and organizes Executive Board and Technical Committee meetings for the Middle Tennessee Rural Planning Organization.
- Position will involve extensive outreach and driving to communities within the RPO area.
B.A. or B.S. degree in Business Admin, Urban or Regional Planning, Public Admin, Geography, Transportation, or related field; experience in transportation planning and program management; GIS, helpful but not required. Training is available for \ entry level professional that is self-motivated and possesses strong communication and organizational skills.
Candidates will be interviewed and the best applicant will be selected. EOEBased in Dickson County, full time with benefits