Cheekwood is seeking a creative, energetic, and positive individual to act as an assistant coordinator for a summer day camp program for children ages 2 and up.
- Assists Summer Camp Manager and Summer Camp Coordinator with various duties pertaining to summer camp setup, logistics, and classroom activity
- Organize Monday morning registration
- Oversees weekly instructor check-in and supplies
- Facilitates Child Care programs
- Coordinate Summer Interns and volunteer activities, including daily assignments, work schedules, placement in classrooms and time clock or hour logs
- Maintains studio spaces and all stock supplies with weekly inventory and communication with instructors and interns
- Assists teachers as needed, locating supplies and equipment
- Communicates supply and equipment needs to supervisors
- Serves as a substitute teacher as needed
- Provides excellent customer service for parents and children
- Administers basic first aid when necessary
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in art, horticulture, or general education. Must have the ability to follow written and oral instructions, excellent customer service and time management skills, highly organized and detailed oriented, a desire to work with children, excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with others, able to respond to emergency situations calmly and follow protocols, use of security system,phones, computers, electric kiln, pottery wheel and studio equipment. Responsible attitude and professionalism towards career is essential.
Required Work Schedule and Hours: This is a temporary part-time position- 25hrs. /week; Monday through Friday 8am-1pm or 12pm-5pm. May 21, 2018 – August 10,2018.