Reports to the Director of Recovery Services with responsibility for providing clinical expertise in the areas of medical necessity and continued stay for services for adults with mental health and/or Co-Occurring issues. Reviews Psychosocial Rehabilitation (PSR) Recovery Plans to ensure they meet the criteria of TN Department of Mental Health and Substance Use Disorders Licensure and the behavioral health organizations working under TennCare. Interacts with members’ treatment providers. Provides recovery groups in the PSR and Co-Occurring Intensive Outpatient Programs. Acts as a resource to staff of the psychiatric rehabilitation program in areas requiring clinical expertise.
- Meets with members within their first 7 days following program admission to complete the DLA-20 and determine medical necessity.
- Oversees initial contact with providers involved with the member’s treatment prior to admission to obtain information about the member’s condition and response to the program, with member’s documented consent.
- Initiates contact with agencies and programs, such as court systems, with which the member has been involved, as appropriate, with member’s documented consent.
- Reviews and signs all Recovery Plans for members in the PSR program to ensure that member continues to meet medical necessity. Will review and approve the rational for continuation of services.
- Attend Clubhouse staffing, providing clinical expertise when appropriate for issues identified with members of the program.
- Works with PSR Supervisor and other staff in managing crisis situations as they occur.
- Acts as a resource for staff enabling them to provide clinically appropriate care.
- Provides recovery groups in both the PSR and the Co-Occurring Intensive Outpatient and Outpatient programs.
OTHER EMPLOYEE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Checks email at least daily and responds as necessary.
- Develops appropriate working relationships with other mental health, social service and rehabilitation agencies.
- Attends all required meetings.
- Learns agency policies and follows them accurately.
- Participates in program activities as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited college in social work, sociology, or another related field.
- Current mental health or healthcare license.
- Demonstrates flexibility and teamwork in the delivery of services.
- Meets deadlines.
- Ability to effectively communicate and clearly articulate with staff at all levels of the organization.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrates high standards of professional and ethical behavior.
- Experience in a mental health field preferred.