Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle TN (SHFB) seeks one qualified full-time applicant in the Transportation department.
Specific duties will include, but may not be limited to:
Under supervision, the Driver (Non-CDL)’s responsibilities involve delivery and pick-up, reporting, operations, safety and other duties as assigned by management. The Driver will maintain a positive attitude that promotes teamwork within the organization and a favorable image of Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle TN.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Transports and delivers a variety of product and materials.
• Loads donations utilizing proper storage methods and procedures.
• Loads and unloads delivery vehicles containing a variety of supplies, materials and equipment.
• Operates delivery vehicles, forklifts and other equipment.
• Regularly checks vehicles’ fluid levels, tire pressure and cleanliness.
• Reports potential safety issues and service needs.
• Maintains transportation areas and warehouse equipment in a neat, clean, orderly and safe manner.
• The ability to operate in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
• Other related work as required.
Safety and Maintenance
- Observes OSHA, state, and federal safety regulations.
- Follows all company and regulatory agency safety policies.
- Obeys all traffic laws.
- Drives defensively.
- Reports any unsafe equipment or working conditions to supervisor.
- Reports any needed repairs or special maintenance to supervisor immediately.
- Maintains a clean and functional vehicle.
- Follows the regular vehicle maintenance schedule, as provided by supervisor.
Other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Director, Transportation.
No supervisory responsibilities.
- Monday – Friday between 5:00 AM – 6:00 PM, work shifts will vary by day, but will be scheduled ahead of time for approximately 37.5+ hr/week. Flexibility to work some Saturdays will also be needed.
- On occasion duties may be necessary, as well as responding to issues, outside of normal working hours (e.g., disaster response, community events, etc.
- Routine travel is required within the service area; occasional travel for overnight trainings may be necessary.
Education: H.S. Diploma/GED required.
Experience: Minimum of one year professional driving experience.
- Maintain a valid Class D Driver’s License, a CDL endorsement is not required, but is preferred.
- Warehouse operational methods, procedures, policies, rules and regulations.
- Safe and proper loading and unloading of delivery vehicles.
- Proper physical lifting techniques and use of equipment.
- Correct English usage, spelling, grammar, punctuation and mathematical concepts.
- Use and terminology of requisitions, purchase orders, invoices, and other documentation.
- Effectively operate a Commercial vehicle.
- Make accurate mathematical calculations.
- Apply, interpret, and explain policies and procedures.
- Plan and organize work.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships.
- Work effectively as a team member.
- Maintain documentation and records.
- Meet schedules and timelines.
- Communicate both orally and in writing in a clear and concise manner.
- Read maps and schedules and adhere to route schedules.