The Director of Development is a key staff member who implements the strategic direction of Tennessee Kidney Foundation (TKF) and advances its mission by sustaining and expanding its community of supporters and fostering relationships with individuals, foundations, corporations, and civic groups that result in revenue growth and in-kind support.
The Director of Development reports directly to the CEO, serves as a liaison to the Income Diversification and Partnership Development committees of the Board of Directors, and as a member of special event committees. This is a full-time, exempt position with an immediate hiring timeframe.
About Tennessee Kidney Foundation
The mission of TKF is to empower and support those at risk or affected by kidney disease and its vision is a Tennessee where the rate of kidney disease is minimized and everyone who needs care receives care. TKF provides kidney health and transplant education and support throughout Middle Tennessee. TKF is a growing organization with staff, board and volunteers who are engaged and excited about the mission.
Director of Development Responsibilities
Collaborate with an outstanding team of staff, board and committee members
Work closely with the CEO and relevant committee chairs from the Board of Directors to create and execute a development plan that includes:
- annual giving campaign
- major gift campaign
- donor acquisition campaign
- grant funding
- donor prospect research plans
- long-range development plans to increase corporate, foundation and individual giving
Ensure revenue goals for fundraising events are met or exceeded for and recruit and assist/support volunteer leadership on committees for the following:
- Liberty Mutual Insurance Golf Invitational
- Love Your Kidneys Walk
- Annual Gala
Encourage and support third party fundraising campaigns to benefit TKF
Represent TKF at events and through community presentations to build and strengthen relationships and expand our base of support
Provide direction for website content strategy and management
Manage the design and printing process for organizational materials
Oversee adherence to brand standards and messaging inside and outside the organization
Develop and execute social media strategies to support programs and events
Develop, maintain and report on key performance indicators for communications and online fundraising efforts
Work directly with the CEO and Program Director on forecasting and monitoring revenue and expenses
Oversee donor records and acknowledgement process
Ideal Candidate Attributes
- You strive for excellence.
- You thrive on exceeding goals and celebrating successes.
- You are an excellent time manager, able to zero in on priorities.
- You have superior customer service skills and a positive mindset.
- You are people-oriented, taking initiative to strengthen existing relationships and forge new ones.
- You influence people strategically, responding appropriately to and taking the time to understand the needs of each stakeholder.
- You make people feel good about their involvement with TKF and your excitement is contagious.
- You have a knack for storytelling that helps the public better understand the mission of TKF and the clients served.
Definition of Success
Success will be measured by execution of the annual development plan to include goals for revenue growth, expansion of the donor base, development of new partnerships and by work that is characterized by the highest standards of integrity and professionalism.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in development
- Proficiency preferred in the following: Microsoft Office suite, Salesforce or other donor management software, WordPress
- Proficiency and willingness to develop skills in content management, online fundraising platforms and donor management software
- Knowledge of nonprofit budgeting and revenue forecasting