The Volunteer Project Coordinator participates in a year-long term of service (1700 hours) supporting Hands On Nashville’s Corporate Partner Program (Corporate). The Corporate team develops and manages customized corporate volunteer events benefiting nonprofits, schools, and other civic organizations.
This AmeriCorps role serves as part of a 15-person cohort that receives skills training, professional development, and networking opportunities through a partnership with HON and HON AmeriCorps Program partner agencies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with project development, to include site visits, scope of work and budget creation, supply procurement, event set-up/tear-down
- Provides customer service and leadership to volunteers and HON’s business clients
- Creates and administers surveys to assess project needs and impact
- Designs collateral for projects (recruitment flyers, instruction sheets, signage, etc.)
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- Passion for volunteerism and the nonprofit sector
- Excellent customer service, to include effective written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and pertinent social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Ability to adapt to changing workload based on organizational need
- Living allowance of $14,530, paid in bi-weekly (every 2 weeks) installments
- Education award of $5,815, applicable to student loans and/or future education expenses at accredited institution
- Healthcare coverage, if elected
- Child care benefits, if eligible
- Able to fulfill a one-year term of service (August 27, 2018 – August 16, 2019)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Valid driver’s license and reliable access to transportation (Members will be reimbursed for service-related mileage.)
- U.S. Citizenship
- National Service Criminal History Check clearance
About Hands On Nashville's AmeriCorps Program:
The Hands On Nashville AmeriCorps Program engages civic-minded individuals in year-long terms of public service. AmeriCorps members are part of a 15-person cohort that receive skills training, professional development, and networking opportunities through a partnership between HON and participating AmeriCorps Program agencies.
AmeriCorps is a program of the Corporation for National and Community Service, the federal agency for volunteering, service, and civic engagement. CNCS engages millions of Americans in citizen service through its AmeriCorps and Senior Corps programs and leads the nation’s volunteer and service efforts. For more information, visit NationalService.gov.
The HON AmeriCorps Program is made possible through generous support from Volunteer Tennessee and the Dan and Margaret Maddox Charitable Fund.
Hands On Nashville does not discriminate based on age, gender, skin color, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability or other factors which deny the essential humanity of all people.