The Community Outreach Coordinator participates in a year-long term of service (1700 hours) supporting Hands On Nashville’s 100+ partner agencies (nonprofits, schools, other civic organizations) and volunteers. The coordinator will build capacity for HON and its constituents through communications, data management, and process improvement. Activities range from providing customer service for volunteers who are looking to get involved to conducting interviews with nonprofits in order to highlight their volunteer programs.
This AmeriCorps role serves as part of a 15-person cohort that receives skills training, professional development, and networking opportunities through a partnership with HON and HON AmeriCorps Program partner agencies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and maintains relationships with current and prospective community partners and volunteers, includes front-line phone communication, site visits, email inquiries, and technology support
- Serves as project coordinator for skilled volunteerism, to include program development, volunteer matching, and other tasks as assigned
- Creates copy for HON’s newsletters, as well as HON’s blog highlighting volunteers and community partners
- Assists with ongoing database maintenance (Salesforce platform)
- Living allowance of $14,530, paid in bi-weekly (every 2 weeks) installments
- Education award of $5,815, applicable to student loans and/or future education expenses at accredited institution
- Healthcare coverage, if elected
- Child care benefits, if eligible
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- Environmental Studies or Science background
- Excellent customer service, to include effective written and oral communication, attention to detail, and strong organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and pertinent social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Confidence interacting with and representing HC to diverse audiences, including volunteers, sponsors, and other nonprofit partners
- Able to work independently and in collaboration with a team
- Able to handle basic outdoor tools and lift 40 pounds
- Able to fulfill a one-year term of service (August 27, 2018 – August 16, 2019)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Valid driver’s license and reliable access to transportation (Members will be reimbursed for service-related mileage.)
- U.S. Citizenship
- National Service Criminal History Check clearance
About the Hands On Nashville AmeriCorps Program
The Hands On Nashville AmeriCorps Program engages civic-minded individuals in year-long terms of public service. AmeriCorps members are part of a 15-person cohort that receive skills training, professional development, and networking opportunities through a partnership between HON and participating AmeriCorps Program agencies.
AmeriCorps is a program of the Corporation for National and Community Service, the federal agency for volunteering, service, and civic engagement. CNCS engages millions of Americans in citizen service through its AmeriCorps and Senior Corps programs and leads the nation’s volunteer and service efforts. For more information, visit NationalService.gov.
The HON AmeriCorps Program is made possible through generous support from Volunteer Tennessee and the Dan and Margaret Maddox Charitable Fund.
Hands On Nashville does not discriminate based on age, gender, skin color, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability or other factors which deny the essential humanity of all people.