Do you think high level, see the big picture and possess the ability to dive in to the details and build systems? If you have a pressing need for growth, a rapidly changing environment and the ability to solve big problems, you may be a good fit.
We are seeking a decisive leader who can motivate a team, make calculated, risk oriented decisions and accept responsibility for driving results. If you think this describes you then please continue reviewing the job description below.
POSITION: Travel Assistant
REPORTS TO: Director of Travel
Soles4Souls Mission: Soles4Souls (S4S) creates sustainable jobs and provides relief through the distribution of shoes and clothing around the world.
Summary: The Travel Assistant will be a member of the S4S travel team, based in our corporate office in Old Hickory, TN, and will be responsible for maintaining all paperwork and payment tracking as it relates to the international shoe distribution trip operations. This team member may also be called on to help with marketing efforts, other logistical support, as well as coordinating and executing a few of said trips.
- Confirm and log all traveler registrations, paperwork and payments for shoe distribution trips
- Ensure the abovementioned items are completed reminding team members/travelers as appropriate
- Review shoe distribution trip expense reports and submit post-trip reporting
- Ensure that both the traveler database and master budget are up-to-date
- Maintain and assist travelers with the online travel fundraising platform
- Register all travelers with U.S. State Department’s STEP program
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Travel Director or Chief Operating Officer
Other Key Responsibilities:
- Create & ship trip care packages to paying travelers before and after their trip
- Assist team with projects such as booking flights, creating marketing efforts/proposals, etc.
- Potentially coordinate logistics for a few international shoe distribution trips per year
- Lead the aforementioned trips and create a travel experience beneficial for all
- Provide weekly updates through online key performance indicators
- Participate in organizational and team meetings as assigned; adhere to all agency policies and protocols
Qualifications, Skills and Capabilities:
- Self-motivating with a strong work ethic, attention to detail and communication skills
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills to manage multiple, ongoing projects
- High aptitude in Microsoft Excel and Word, as well as expense reporting & budgeting
- Prefer 2-4 years of experience working in an office management role
- Strong problem solving skills; flexibility is critical in the office and in the field
- Valid driver’s license