Position Objective: The Digital Content Specialist contributes to the efforts of United Way of Metropolitan Nashville (UWMN) by maintaining UWMN’s website, social media and digital platforms that share organizational information about UWMN and creates and communicates written and video stories that speak of the greater impact UWMN has on the community in the areas of Education, Financial Stability and Health. This position is responsible for creating and publishing site content, maintaining continuity of design themes and navigation, and increasing online presence in order to grow UWMN’s audience, enhance audience engagement, and initiate deeper client relationships based on the understanding of the importance to volunteer, advocate and give.
Essential Functions: The following are indicative of the essential functions required to perform this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This profile is not intended to be all inclusive of tasks and responsibilities required; it provides a description of the critical responsibilities associated with this position.
· Creates, edits and proofreads all web content to deliver concise and accurate information to promote trust and support in the UWMN reputation and brand
· Updates organizational information and upcoming events on the website to deliver up to date and accurate information in order to increase support and engagement in the brand
- Shares the UWMN story through video interviews in order to encourage volunteerism, advocacy and investment in UWMN. This includes: developing interview questions, scheduling and conducting client or volunteer interviews in person, filming client or volunteer interviews and editing videos into short 1-3 minute clips utilizing video editing software
· Maintains the continuity of themes, design layout, streaming navigation, and site standards in order to demonstrate professionalism and uphold the integrity of the website
· Investigates and collaborates with internal teams to ensure website and social media information is current and compatible with UWMN’s marketing goals and objectives
· Provides website and social media support, guidance, and recommendations for workplace engagement initiatives and events to build stronger relationships with stakeholders, donors, investors, and volunteers
Social Media Management
· Creates new content, curates existing local content (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn) and monitors social media channels for mentions from corporate partners for re-tweeting and re-posting. Creates and books paid advertising spots for online social media channels using bid rules and optimization efforts based on the campaign and audience. Partners with internal staff and external vendors to ensure the website and other social media platforms are achieving a positive increase in community engagement, aligning with brand strategy, and exceeding web standards
· Attends United Way events and engages with donors and clients. Assists in capturing live content (photos & video) for real-time sharing through online channels.
· Utilizes search engine analytics to maximize traffic to the website and increase UWMN’s audience
· Reviews, tracks, gathers and analyzes key measurements in UWMN’s website & social media presence and creates monthly, quarterly and bi-annual reports to determine and evaluate the influence the stories and paid advertising on the organization in order to optimize results
· Supports the Fundraising team by assisting Corporate Partners with the set up and implementation of the Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud (SPC) tool
· Uploads new content (videos, stories, campaigns) to the SPC tool and ensure proper searchability, linking and functionality
· Works with the Digital Services team to support the UWW social media campaigns using Social Studio and supports the Marketing team in the distribution of email marketing, as needed
· Reports back to the teams on SPC and Digital Services analytics and provides guidance regarding best practices
· Serves as an active team of the internal Digital Services and Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud teams
o Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or related field
o Web/Content management experience: 2 years
o Social media management for a business: 2 years
o Executing and managing paid social media advertising campaigns: 2 years
o Relevant work in a corporate or non-profit environment: 2 years
o Experience using Salesforce.com (CRM) preferred
o Strong attention to detail and accuracy
o Concept through implementation and to analyze post-campaign results
o Adaptable to a fast paced and changing environment
o Eagerness to evaluate current and changing web trends
o Web content writing
o Written, verbal, and technological communication
o Proficiency with iMovie, Adobe Premiere Pro and/or After Effects video editing software
o Knowledge of DSLR cameras and video story gathering/storytelling
o Strong analytical skills. Able to analyze data and interpret quickly to inform decisions
o Proficiency in Content Management Systems(CMS), HTML, CSS, Adobe Spark, InDesign, and Microsoft Office products
o Basic knowledge of search engine analytics (Google Analytics certification preferred)
o Ability to work well with cross-functional teams and prioritize time
o Valid Driver’s License and Proof of Insurance
Environmental Conditions and Physical Demands:
· The employee is required to stand, walk, climb and balance. May lift or carry objects up to 10 pounds.
· Employee spends a majority of time seated; working at a desk in front of a computer monitor. Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with the fingers.
· Well-lighted, heated, and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.
United Way of Metropolitan Nashville is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.