The Family Center (a growing, fast-paced nonprofit currently located in Davidson and Rutherford Counties) seeks a dynamic new “family member” to coordinate systems-related education and coaching specific to creating trauma-informed cultures. The position will support the agency’s efforts in creating trauma-informed cultures through increased awareness of ACEs and their impact on brain development. Qualified candidates must have a willingness to embrace a trauma-informed culture that honors all races, religions, cultures, national origins, sexual orientations, and gender identities.
The Coordinator, Community Resilience is integral in helping The Family Center (TFC) pursue our mission of breaking multigenerational cycles of child abuse, neglect, and trauma. Competitive candidates will: welcome curiosity as a means to learn and grow personally and professionally, greet challenges with flexibility and a collaborative approach, and pursue excellence in work products and community presence.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- manage and organize TFC’s digital resources related to trauma, ACEs, parenting, etc.
- conduct research on and coordinate internal and external professional development opportunities for staff and community partners
- support TFC’s internal process in becoming trauma-informed
- collaborate with staff to devise and implement strategic improvements
- provide timely follow-up of action items and identified needs from consultations with partners and stakeholders
- coordinate meetings as needed or anticipated
- conduct research and analysis, enter data, create reports, and prepare presentations
- monitor and evaluate the data process (in Salesforce) and outcomes assessments to assure goal achievement and quality; assist with internal/external reporting requirements
- represent TFC in community meetings; develop/maintain rapport with external stakeholders; be an ambassador for TFC services and programs
- participate in regular supervisions and staff meetings as required or requested
- pursue program/professional educational opportunities as appropriate and upon approval
- other duties as assigned
Required Capabilities, Skills, & Knowledge
- Bachelor’s in Social Work or related field required
- minimum of one-year relevant experience (employment or internships)
- knowledge of ACEs, trauma theory, and/or trauma-informed frameworks preferred
- ability to lead diverse groups through thoughtful discussion and concepts preferred
- aptitude in technology and evidenced capability to learn/utilize databases
- proven capacity for empathy, enthusiasm, and entrepreneurship
- requires walking, standing, bending, lifting, and carrying items up to 25lbs
- must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license, travel is limited to Middle TN
- openness to a work culture that is very fast paced and growing rapidly across Middle TN
Reporting Relationship: Director, Community Resilience
Hours: Part-Time @ 20 hrs/wk with some flexibility to work remotely and some evenings and weekend requirements.
Salary: Non-Exempt $16,000/annually