Application Deadline: 01/25/2019
Address: 3088 Smith Springs Rd
City: Nashville, TN
Job Type: Full Time
Shift Hours: Hours based on the needs of the facility and grounds
Consistent with the Christian mission and vision of the YMCA of Middle TN, and in cooperation with other YMCA staff, under the direction of the Executive Director, the Property Director is responsible for the maintenance of the buildings, vehicles, pool and grounds at the Center. This individual shall work along side and supervise the General Maintenance Tech and Groundskeepers to make sure the equipment, facility, and grounds are exceptionally clean, safe, attractive, and functional. The Property Director will provide instruction and perform maintenance and repairs and follow through on assigned projects.
- Model the YMCA core values: Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
- Hire, train, schedule, supervise, and evaluate the Maintenance and Grounds staff, coordinating manpower distribution in the most efficient and productive manner on a daily basis
- Responsible for maintaining a budget for building and grounds maintenance, purchase supplies and perform repairs within the budget
- Proactively support a positive employee relations environment and support the open door policy
- Administer and implement the Preventative Maintenance Plan for the Center, including, painting, roofs, vehicles, equipment, etc.
- Responsible for processing and performing all work orders
- Manage all building and facility repairs
- Responsible for upkeep on all Plumbing, Electrical (including all lights and bulbs) HVAC and propane
- Provide maintenance and repairs on program equipment
- Responsible for maintaining all shop equipment and inventory in a neat and orderly manner
- Responsible for agriculture equipment including tractors, backhoe, gators, golf carts, etc.
- Assist with Pool Chemicals and Pool Maintenance with a goal of responsibility for all pools on site
- Analyze and maintain a standard inventory of supplies and equipment at the Maintenance Center to minimize off-site trips for purchasing
- Develop and ensure that the financial operation of accounts are administered according to the approved budget, exercising necessary controls to stay within both income and expense budgets on a monthly basis.
- Ensure safety in all programs by making sure that all equipment and items used are maintained and repaired in a timely manner and ensure all safety procedures are followed in accordance with all Local, State and Federal Laws.
- Maintain sports fields, lawns, flower beds, trees, etc. throughout the camp
- Supervise the cleaning and disposal of refuse for the camp
- Assists with special events when scheduled
- Attend staff meetings and training sessions
- Passion, enthusiasm, and commitment to the mission and cause of the YMCA
- Highly organized, attention to detail, self motivated, and ability to be hands-on
- Team player approach with a desire to learn new skills
- Must present a professional image and possess conflict resolution skills, and demonstrate sound judgment and initiative
- Must be highly organized with the ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks
- Minimum five years of experience working in facility maintenance and demonstrated experience in use of power & hand tools, hardware and construction materials, tools and processes, vehicle maintenance, and use of heavy equipment, knowledge of grounds maintenance
- Understanding of and experience with O.S.H.A. regulations
- Familiarity with pool maintenance and building and facility repair processes such as plumbing, heating, electrical, paint and concrete work
- Knowledge of hiring and development of personnel, and financial management as well as skills in written and verbal communication, human relations, problem-solving, and customer service required
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Minimum 21 years of age
- A valid Tennessee driver license is required
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Before start of 1st shift: New Hire Orientation training
- Before start of 1st shift: Basic Life Support, First Aid and Emergency Oxygen
- Within six months of hire: Certified Pool Operator