NMAAM is seeking an experienced Controller. The Controller will possess an entrepreneurial focus that supports this important start-up enterprise. The Controller should be experienced in all aspects of financial management, including non-profit, partnership and corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures.
- Prepare monthly journal entries such as Cash, Payroll, Benefits, Prepaid, In-kind, Expense Allocations & Revenue.
- Manage monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements close
- Prepare monthly bank account reconciliations
- Prepare monthly recurring and adjusting journal entries
- Perform monthly budget variance analysis
- Prepare annual financial statements audit and federal, state, and local awards single audit requirements
- Lead annual budget preparation
- Process 401(k) contributions
- Responsible for the preparation of profit and loss statements and monthly closing and cost accounting reports, including product margin reports, statement of cash flow and presidents meeting reports.
- Manage all daily activity of bank accounts, reconciliation, and maintenance of balance sheets
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and document business transactions.
- Analyze financial statements for discrepancies and other issues that should be brought to the Controller’s attention.
- Review and approve all account reconciliations to ensure accuracy and completeness and provide appropriate feedback and input to the team.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in accounting
- 5-7 years of general ledger experience with 1+ years of management experience
- Non-profit accounting a plus
- Master’s degree and/or CPA required
- Must have advanced knowledge of and expert proficiency in Excel
- Experience with computerized ledger systems
Other Required skills:
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated team focus
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work in a small team
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Strong analytical and accounting skills
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and meet deadlines