The GeekCause Project Coordinator (Coordinator) supports Hands On Nashville’s (HON) GeekCause, a skilled volunteerism program that matches talented techies with community partners in need of their services. The coordinator supports all elements of project development and execution while also serving as an ambassador for the initiative.
We build capacity for individuals and agencies to meet needs through volunteerism. Our programs connect volunteers to opportunities supporting 140-plus nonprofits, schools, and other civic organizations.
Our team members:
· care for each other, our city, and ourselves. We listen, learn, and act to effect change.
· thrive in dynamic, fast-paced environments, both independently and when working together.
· build collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders, with a commitment to inclusiveness, professionalism, and respect.
About the Role
· Provides administrative and process support throughout the lifecycle of GeekCause projects:
· Initial project review and preparation for assessment.
· Volunteer registration and onboarding.
· Facilitation of communications and scheduling with nonprofit staff and volunteers.
· Customer service and troubleshooting for volunteers and nonprofit staff.
· Tracking of project documentation, status, and data collection.
· Assists with continuous improvements to project processes and materials.
· Participates in nonprofit, volunteer, educational institution, and corporate outreach and prospecting.
· Develops educational and promotional materials about skilled volunteerism and nonprofit technology tools in partnership with the GeekCause Program Manager.
· Supports efforts to promote relationship building and stakeholder retention.
· Performs other related duties, as assigned.
· Meticulous attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
· Superior capacity to troubleshoot and problem solve.
· Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, with emphasis on customer service.
· Interest in project management, volunteerism, and relationship building.
· Experience working with multiple technology platforms/tools, with a curiosity for exploring innovative tools and solutions.
· Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience in project management, communications, or other related field.
· Criminal history background check clearance.
· Valid driver’s license and reliable access to a vehicle. Staff are reimbursed for work-related mileage.
· Ability to work occasional evenings/weekends.