Community Relations Coordinator
Monday, April 29, 2019
Hands On Nashville
Current Posting Expires:
The Community Relations Coordinator (Coordinator) drives Hands On Nashville’s (HON) engagement with its core audiences, including existing and prospective volunteers and community partners. The Coordinator, as part of the Communications team, oversees external relations platforms including social media, newsletters, and day-to-day correspondence.
We build capacity for individuals and agencies to meet needs through volunteerism. Our programs connect volunteers to opportunities supporting 140-plus nonprofits, schools, and other civic organizations.
Our team members:
· care for each other, our city, and ourselves. We listen, learn, and act to effect change.
· thrive in dynamic, fast-paced environments, both independently and when working together.
· build collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders, with a commitment to inclusiveness, professionalism, and respect.
About the Role
· Manages the day-to-day content planning, creation, copy editing, and scheduling for HON’s digital communications platforms as well as deliverables for internal clients.
· Monitors web analytics to help build communications strategies in collaboration with the Director of Communication.
· Represents HON at speaking engagements, presentations, community events, and when working with vendors.
· Actively identifies and cultivates channels for recruitment and retention of a diverse pool of volunteers, and conducts ongoing correspondence.
· Performs other related duties, as assigned.
· Knack for storytelling — written, verbal, and visual.
· Ability to edit copy — your own and others’ — for clarity, grammar, spelling, and brand voice.
· Detail oriented with outstanding organizational and multitasking skills.
· Experience with social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram), email marketing (Emma, MailChimp), and website creation (WordPress, SquareSpace).
· Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud — particularly Photoshop and InDesign.
· Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience in journalism, marketing, PR, or other related field.
· Criminal history background check clearance.
· Valid driver’s license and reliable access to a vehicle. Staff is reimbursed for work-related mileage.
· Ability to work occasional evenings/weekends.