The Volunteer Project Leader (Leader) participates in a yearlong term of service (1,700 hours) supporting the Corporate Partner Program (Corporate) at Hands On Nashville (HON), which builds capacity for individuals and agencies to meet needs through volunteerism.
The Leader aids the Corporate team to develop and manage customized corporate volunteer events benefitting nonprofits, schools, and other civic agencies. HON is looking for an energetic leader with an interest in project management and event planning, volunteer engagement, and corporate social responsibility.
The candidate should be able to provide excellent customer service through effective written and verbal communication with diverse stakeholders, and be able to adapt to a changing workload in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assists with project development, including site visits, budget creation, supply procurement, event setup/teardown.
• Provides volunteer leadership to, and acts as liaison with, corporate volunteer teams.
• Designs collateral for projects (recruitment flyers, instruction sheets, signage, etc.).
• Researches and develops new volunteer activity models.
• Assesses the volunteer experience and make enhancements based on feedback.
• Recruits volunteers for Corporate Partner Program to build internal capacity and program efficiencies.
• Develops new systems and documentation to use as a resource for project planning.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
• Community Organizing
• Public Speaking
• Youth Development
• Nonprofit Management
• Social Services
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and/or Google-based office apps
• Attention to detail
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to operate independently and within a team environment
• Commitment to fulfill a one-year term of service (August 2019-August 2020)
• Bachelor’s Degree
• U.S. Citizenship
• Valid driver’s license and reliable access to transportation
(Members will be reimbursed for service-related mileage.)
• National Service Criminal History Check clearance
• Living allowance of $17,000, paid bi-weekly throughout the term of service
• Education award of $6,095, applicable to student loans and/or future education expenses at accredited institution, upon fulfillment of service obligations
• Healthcare coverage, if elected
• Child care benefits, if eligible
• Professional development training
• Members serve an average of 35-40 hours per week
• Service activities will take place indoors and outdoors
• Members may be required to sit or stand for long periods of time
• The essential functions of this position require the member to lift up to 50 pounds
• This position may involve bending, stooping, twisting, and repetitive motion
About the Hands On Nashville AmeriCorps Program
Hands On Nashville's AmeriCorps Program engages civic-minded individuals in yearlong terms of public service. HON AmeriCorps members are part of a 17-person cohort that receives skills training, professional development, and networking opportunities through a partnership between HON and participating AmeriCorps Program agencies.
The HON AmeriCorps Program is made possible through generous support from Volunteer Tennessee and the Dan and Margaret Maddox Charitable Fund.
Hands On Nashville does not discriminate based on age, skin color, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, disability, or other factors which deny the essential humanity of all people.