Director of Development
Monday, July 08, 2019
Hands On Nashville
Current Posting Expires:
The Director of Development (Director) leads revenue generating activities and cultivates funding relationships for Hands On Nashville (HON). The role additionally supports the execution and fundraising for HON’s annual Mary Catherine Strobel Volunteer Awards. Director is part of HON’s senior leadership team.
We build capacity for individuals and agencies to meet needs through volunteerism. Our programs connect volunteers to opportunities supporting 140-plus nonprofits, schools, and other civic organizations.
Our team members:
• care for each other, our city, and ourselves. We listen, learn, and act to effect change.
• thrive in dynamic, fast-paced environments, both independently and when working together.
• build collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders, with a commitment to inclusiveness, professionalism, and respect.
About the Role
• Identifies and cultivates prospective corporate partnerships and foundation/corporate grants, with support from the Chief Operating Officer and the Director of Corporate Engagement, and maintains a tracking system to ensure relevant information is compiled and submitted to fulfill reporting requirements.
• Create proposal and grant content in collaboration across the agency.
• Solicit sponsorships and corporate funding for organization initiatives, including the annual Mary Catherine Strobel Awards and HON’s year-end appeal.
• Organize all logistics associated with the Strobel Awards including staffing, supply procurement, and day-of management for projects.
• Define and adhere to project budgets.
• Assist the communications team with creation of marketing and social media collateral, as well as special-event messaging.
• Performs other related duties, as assigned.
• Sets departmental budget in collaboration with HON leadership.
• Extensive experience in relationship-driven fundraising or sales.
• Superior written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with exceptional customer service sense.
• Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines.
• Display a high level of discretion and confidentiality.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Salesforce (or other donor-management software).
• Bachelor’s degree and five years of experience in fundraising, sales, or other relevant field.
• Criminal history background check clearance.
• Valid driver’s license and reliable access to a vehicle. Staff are reimbursed for work-related mileage.
• Ability to work occasional evenings/weekends; some overnight travel may be required.
- Fundraising/Revenue Development