Corporate Engagement Intern
Tuesday, July 09, 2019
Hands On Nashville
Current Posting Expires:
Hands On Nashville’s (HON) Corporate Engagement Intern (Intern) develops, plans, and implements volunteer projects that maximize the impact of corporate volunteerism on the agency’s community partners. The Intern serves a part of HON’s Corporate Partner Program, which works to connect community-minded businesses with opportunities to give back.
We build capacity for individuals and agencies to meet needs through volunteerism. Our programs connect volunteers to opportunities supporting 140-plus nonprofits, schools, and other civic organizations.
Our team members:
· care for each other, our city, and ourselves. We listen, learn, and act to effect change.
· thrive in dynamic, fast-paced environments, both independently and when working together.
· build collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders, with a commitment to inclusiveness, professionalism, and respect.
About the Role
· Supports project preparation, including material procurement, setup, and teardown.
· Provides volunteer leadership and customer service during projects, ensuring a positive experience and maintaining quality control.
· Develops new and unique project models for future opportunities using feedback from HON’s community partners.
· Represents HON to Nashville-area businesses and partner organizations to build and maintain relationships.
· Able to carry out tasks independently.
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
· Excited about engaging volunteers in service.
· Interested in the corporate sector and in corporate social responsibility.
· Criminal history background check clearance.
· Valid driver’s license and reliable access to a vehicle. Interns are reimbursed for work-related mileage.
· Ability to work occasional early mornings, evenings, or weekends.
· Ability to life a minimum of 40 pounds.