Human Resources Intern
Tuesday, July 09, 2019
Hands On Nashville
Current Posting Expires:
Hands On Nashville’s (HON) Human Resources Intern (Intern) helps a community-focused nonprofit support and manage its staff by aligning HR procedures with best practices. The Intern works with the operations team to ensure that consistent, practical, and legal policies are in place and staff are trained in their application.
We build capacity for individuals and agencies to meet needs through volunteerism. Our programs connect volunteers to opportunities supporting 140-plus nonprofits, schools, and other civic organizations.
Our team members:
· care for each other, our city, and ourselves. We listen, learn, and act to effect change.
· thrive in dynamic, fast-paced environments, both independently and when working together.
· build collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders, with a commitment to inclusiveness, professionalism, and respect.
About the Role
· Researches best practices around nonexempt employee management, employment classifications, performance evaluation, and other human resources topics.
· Helps HON revise its employee handbook to reflect its organizational culture and structure, while also adhering to Fair Labor Standards Act and other legal requirements.
· Provides support for the development of a high-quality onboarding experience.
· Explores HRIS and payroll systems to find low-cost solutions that modernize recurring employee management processes.
· Able to carry out tasks independently.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Scholastic background in human resources, business, and/or organizational development.
· Familiar with Microsoft Office tools.
· Criminal history background check clearance.