Multimedia Storytelling Intern
Tuesday, July 09, 2019
Hands On Nashville
Current Posting Expires:
Hands On Nashville’s (HON) Storytelling Intern (Intern) seeks out and captures the unique and inspiring stories of Nashville’s volunteers and community partners through interviews, photographs, and videos.
We build capacity for individuals and agencies to meet needs through volunteerism. Our programs connect volunteers to opportunities supporting 140-plus nonprofits, schools, and other civic organizations.
Our team members:
· care for each other, our city, and ourselves. We listen, learn, and act to effect change.
· thrive in dynamic, fast-paced environments, both independently and when working together.
· build collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders, with a commitment to inclusiveness, professionalism, and respect.
About the Role
· Gathers story leads and ideas from community partners, HON colleagues, and using volunteer data.
· Schedules and conducts interviews, and art directs photo and video shoots in a variety of settings.
· Documents volunteers, organizations, and projects through written narratives, photos, and videos.
· Represents HON to community partners and volunteers to build and maintain relationships.
· Able to carry out tasks independently.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a knack for storytelling — with words, with photos, or with videos. All three would be ideal!
· Enjoys shooting photos with a DSLR and understands photo-editing best practices.
· Familiar with Adobe Creative Cloud, especially Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and/or Premiere.
· Interested in storytelling, journalism, or public relations.
· Criminal history background check clearance.
· Valid driver’s license and reliable access to a vehicle. Interns are reimbursed for work-related mileage.
· Ability to work occasional early mornings, evenings, or weekends.