Skilled Volunteer Engagement Intern
Tuesday, July 09, 2019
Hands On Nashville
Current Posting Expires:
Hands On Nashville’s (HON) Skilled Volunteer Engagement Intern (Intern) identifies, develops, and implements processes and materials to maximize the impact of GeekCause, a skilled volunteerism program that matches talented techies with nonprofits in need of their services. Projects completed by the Intern will help us grow the program, engage more volunteers, and serve more nonprofits.
We build capacity for individuals and agencies to meet needs through volunteerism. Our programs connect volunteers to opportunities supporting 140-plus nonprofits, schools, and other civic organizations.
Our team members:
· care for each other, our city, and ourselves. We listen, learn, and act to effect change.
· thrive in dynamic, fast-paced environments, both independently and when working together.
· build collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders, with a commitment to inclusiveness, professionalism, and respect.
About the Role
· Support development of materials to promote and orient volunteers and nonprofit staff to GeekCause.
· Identify and implement strategies to make the project process more streamlined and effective.
· Explore and execute methods to capture data about the impact GeekCause projects have on partner organizations and the community.
· Assist with the creation of educational materials (how-to videos, FAQ documents, etc.) about skilled volunteerism and nonprofit technology to share with community partners.
· Support nonprofit, volunteer, educational institution, and corporate outreach to spread the word about engaging with GeekCause.
· Able to carry out tasks independently.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Systems and process oriented with an eye for detail.
· Interested in skilled volunteerism, relationship building, and project management.
· Curious about different technology tools and platforms and comfort learning how to use them.
· Criminal history background check clearance.
· Valid driver’s license and reliable access to a vehicle (interns are reimbursed for work-related mileage).
· Ability to work occasional early mornings, evenings, or weekends.
Please send a cover letter, résumé, and two writing samples to Monica Weiss-Sharp at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Information Technology
- Volunteer Management