Nashville International Center for Empowerment, established in 2005, is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) ethnic community-based organization dedicated to ensure refugees and immigrants achieve their full potential now and for generations to come.
The Accounting Specialist will report to the Director of Finance. This is a full time, 40 hour position.
· Ensure that deposits are made and recorded in accounting system.
· Compile and analyze financial information to prepare standard journal entries, and reconcile balance sheet accounts to the general ledger.
· Maintain financial/administrative files and filing systems; oversee records management.
· Manage files of all invoice documentation to support all grant invoicing.
· Prepares internal A/R invoices, process all invoice payments.
· Print and reconcile the account payables for operation accounts for month end and fiscal closing.
· Prepare/distribute reports monthly or as requested to program/departmental directors/ CEO/Board of Directors as needed.
· Monthly end month billing and preparation of Donor invoices and back up documentation.
· Oversee and manage company cash flow and forecasting.
Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; oversee communicate and implementation of billing and accounting.
· Review the annual audit and control income/expenses.
· In conjunction with the CEO, lead the annual budgeting and planning process; review all financial plans and budgets with department heads; monitor progress and changes; keep senior leadership and the board abreast of the organization’s financial status.
· Assist the Development/ Grants team with budget preparations for Requests for Proposals.
· Prepare and file the annual 990 tax return.
· Serve as backup to other financial staff.
- Three to five years of experience in general accounting functions (Tax preparation, IRS tax filing, Audits or other work history involving finances or budgets)
- Experience managing a team.
- An understanding of how to read and/or prepare financial statements.
- Meticulous attention to detail required.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively with a broad range of people inside & outside the company.
- Demonstrate a team service attitude to colleagues and vendors.
- Ability to translate financial concepts to those colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds.
- Knowledge of accounting and reporting software.
- Excellent time management skills in order to manage time, workload and meet company deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to organize and prioritize in a fast-paced environment; ability to embrace change.
- Strong sense of urgency and persistence in achieving goals and completing projects.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and achieve timely completion.
- Showing initiative to recommend ideas & implement projects.
- The ability to wear many hats in a fast paced environment.
· Adhere to agency, department and team policies and procedures.
· Participate in agency, department, team meetings and events as directed/requested.
· Represent agency at inter-agency or community meetings as assigned.
· Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or agency.
Salary negotiable based on experience especially for candidates with IRS tax filing and Annual Audit preparation experience.
Paid vacation and holidays, medical reimbursement, 401(k)