FiftyForward seeks candidates for full-time Assistant Center Director at FiftyForward J. L. Turner.
FiftyForward J. L. Turner is located inside the Bellevue Family YMCA approximately 13 miles from downtown Nashville. The center offers the full services of a lifelong learning center alongside the amenities of the YMCA. FiftyForward J. L. Turner is a bustling center with more than 150 members attending daily. The center offers daily programming ranging from educational seminars and group fitness to art, music and entertainment, as well as games, clubs, day trips and volunteer opportunities to enrich members’ lives.
The Assistant Center Director assists in the overall operation of the center with emphasis on planning, developing, implementing and evaluating center programs and activities that are educational, social, and recreational and encourage total health and well-being and community involvement. The Assistant Center Director works closely with the Center Director in planning and executing overall center goals, strategic plan, marketing plans, and fundraising goals, as well as assists with the oversight of center operations in the absence of the Center Director.
The successful candidate will have:
- passion for serving people; demonstrated commitment to mission, values, and goals of FiftyForward
- demonstrated knowledge of, and ability to work effectively with, adults 50+ years of age
- the ability to establish, develop and maintain beneficial center programs, supporting and promoting a positive image of aging
- organizational management and leadership skills
- excellent oral and written communication skills
- demonstrated competency and efficiency using computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Publisher
- demonstrated ability to problem solve and provide creative solutions
- proven ability to maintain positive working relationships with staff, volunteers and the public
- a bachelor's degree in social services, recreation or related field
- one to three years of experience in program planning, development, implementation, evaluation, marketing, promotion and recruitment
- demonstrated experience creating newsletter publications and flyers
- experience working with older adults
- experience working in the non-profit sector is a plus
Additional information you should know:
- Position is non-exempt; full-time @ 40 hours per week
- Excellent benefits package
- Pay rate is between $13.70 and $15.00
- Must be willing to drive passenger van for day trips