FiftyForward seeks candidates for full-time position of Assistant Center Director at FiftyForward Knowles Center.
FiftyForward Knowles Center was the first FiftyForward Center established in 1956. It is conveniently located across from The Fairgrounds Nashville and a short distance from the thriving Berry Hill/One Hundred Oaks area. The Knowles Center boasts a variety of lifelong learning opportunities for its 184 diverse members including classes centered around wellness, exercise, education, social recreation and day trips.
The Assistant Center Director assists in the overall operation of the center with emphasis on recruitment, retention and satisfaction of center members, overseeing instructors and volunteers, implementing and evaluating center programs and activities and maintaining the center's member database. The Assistant Center Director works closely with the Center Director in executing overall center goals, strategic plan, marketing plans, and fundraising goals, as well as serves as back up for front office staff.
The successful candidate will have:
· passion for serving people; demonstrated commitment to mission, values, and goals of FiftyForward
· demonstrated knowledge of, and ability to work effectively with, adults 50+ years of age
· the ability to establish, develop and maintain beneficial center programs, supporting and promoting a positive image of aging
· organizational management and leadership skills
· excellent oral and written communication skills
· demonstrated competency and efficiency using computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Publisher
· demonstrated ability to problem solve and provide creative solutions
· proven ability to maintain positive working relationships with staff, volunteers and the public
· a bachelor's degree in social services, recreation or related field
· one to three years of experience in program planning, development, implementation, evaluation, marketing, promotion and recruitment
· demonstrated experience creating newsletter publications and flyers
· experience working with older adults
· experience working in the non-profit sector is a plus
Additional information you should know:
· Position is non-exempt; full-time @ 30 hours per week
· Excellent benefits package
· Pay rate is between $13.70 and $15.00
· Must be willing to drive passenger van for day trips