Mercy Community Healthcare has an immediate need for a Primary Nurse in the Pediatrics Department.
Mercy's Mission is To reflect the love and compassion of Jesus Christ by providing quality healthcare services to ALL and support to their families and our communities.
If you're looking to make a meaningful difference in the lives of others and work in a Christian environment, this is your opportunity.
This position is responsible for:
Acquiring patient vital signs and screenings, completing History of Present Illness for patients presenting to the clinic, assisting providers with procedures such as drainage of simple abscesses, freezing of warts, suturing, cauterization, fluorescein staining of eye, pelvic exams and Pap smears, circumcision, toenail removal, mole removal, and simple casting of extremities and performing the following procedures in clinic following providers' orders or protocols and when documented as competent:
- Lab Skillsincluding throat and nasal swabs, collection of urine specimens/catheterizations, venipuncture/blood collection, laboratory specimen collection and processing, CLIA waved testing
- Medication Skillsincluding administration of albuterol via nebulizer, vaccines and injectable medications, prescription medications, and TB skin testing.
- Patient Care Skillsincluding inserting and maintaining IVs, performing deep tracheal suctioning, advanced dressing changes, ear irrigations, electrocardiograms, spirometry, and suture removal
The successful candidate will demonstrate an understanding of Mercy's mission and live Mercy's values: Compassion, Stewardship, Excellence in Service, Integrity, Teamwork, and Innovative Community Champion.
Qualifications include: An RN degree from an accredited RN program and hold an RN license in TN. Basic Life Support (BLS) certification must be obtained and in personnel file within 90 days of employment. Clinical qualifications include the ability to:
- Effectively use and document in the Electronic Medical Record.
- Effectively triage patient condition via phone or in person and can provide education or communicate patient needs to providers. Initiates emergency measures if needed.
- Work closely with the Care Coordination team in coordinating referral and social services.
- Contact patients with lab, imaging, and/or referral results as directed by provider.
- Work with the nursing team to achieve quality improvement by proactively looking for ways to improve patient flow, quality of care, safety, and health.
- Participate in the Patient Centered Medical Home model of patient care.