WIOA Youth Career Specialist - Dickson County
Wednesday, August 14, 2019
Mid-Cumberland Human Resource Agency
Current Posting Expires:
This full time position involves determining eligibility of potential youth clients, completing paperwork on clients with extreme attention to detail and providing follow-up case management. This individual is responsible for providing intensive case management to eligible WIOA youth clients in their designated area. This performance based position hinges upon maintaining an adequate case load and the Career Specialist’s ability to assist clients in meeting their career and educational goals. A key component of this position involves the ability to utilize technology to accurately maintain client records and financial expenditures. Other duties of this position include assisting in the Welcome Function of the local American Job Center, engaging in community outreach activities, continuing education on WIOA legislation and other additional requirements as requested by the Career Services Manager. Some travel is required.
• Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in Social Sciences or similar discipline preferred.
• Advanced computer competency/literacy skills are required.
• Applicants must have the ability to quickly learn computer software applications and follow directions in completing Career Specialist requirements
• Ability to maintain professionalism and adapt in a rapidly changing atmosphere
• Desire to make a positive impact in the workforce development of Middle TN by working directly with local employers as well as diverse and low income populations
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(County and position that the applicant is applying for must be included in the cover letter)
Candidates will be interviewed by Agency and Program Management and the most qualified applicant will be selected. MCHRA is an E.O.E. employer.
Mid-Cumberland Workforce Services is funded by the U.S. Department of Labor and Workforce Development.