Restore Small Groups’ is a non-profit whose mission is to invite anyone desiring positive life change into a supportive small group centered on the transforming grace of Jesus Christ. We seek to provide inclusive, supportive, small group opportunities to all, no matter a person’s beliefs or circumstances. We are looking for someone who intrinsically connects with our mission and vision to build healing communities around the world. Our work culture is highly collaborative and supportive of individual creativity and flexibility. Yet we also believe in high accountability to one another as a team to achieve our goals. We are looking for someone who is passionate about emotional, mental and spiritual health and who is gifted at creating strategy, building relationships and managing details. This position requires the ability to practice good personal and professional discernment, self-manage and innovate. We value those who are open to learning and who seek to continue to grow personally and professionally.
The Director of Community Engagement will be responsible for:
• Create donor and fundraising strategy
• Help manage and grow donor relationships
• Plan and grow events, including primary annual fundraiser Celebration of Hope
• Oversee and track current grants
• Seek out new grant opportunities
• Track donations in database
• Perform donation follow-up including letters and end of year tax notifications
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATION
• Work with marketing director to plan strategic donor communication (social media posts, newsletters, direct mail) and marketing pieces that convey the purpose and impact of the organization
• Oversee any online donor campaigns
• Guide design concept for event themes and marketing
• Create and direct meaningful programming for annual Celebration of Hope event
• Act as a spokesperson for the organization in the community
• Attend community and networking events to build awareness
• Generate annual report for support base
BOARD AND COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
• Help engage and develop Advisory Board
• Recruit and manage volunteers when needed
• Create and oversee planning committee and staff roles for Celebration of Hope
• Help facilitate new partnership opportunities and relationships
• Report when needed to the Executive Board
· Willingness to spend intentional time to understand the ministry’s 20-year history, mission, philosophy, group curriculums and various stakeholders.
· Ability to build and maintain strong relationships based on trust, integrity and genuine care.
· Ability to assist the Founder and the Executive Director in maintaining and growing current donor relationships.
· Ability to seek appropriate funding opportunities to benefit the organizations’ growth and take initiative to pursue them.
· Ability to organize and analyze data including donor tracking and donor engagement using donor database.
· Ability to creatively problem-solve.
· Ability to plan successful events including developing themes, programming, marketing concepts, choosing décor, organizing volunteers, enlisting table hosts, and securing venue and sponsors.
· Skilled in using social media to communicate to stakeholders.
· Knowledge of grant writing with ability to manage deadlines.
· Good writing and editing skills.
· Comfortable with public speaking.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office.
· Willingness to have a flexible schedule that may include attending events, conferences, mission fairs, groups or other obligations in the evenings or on weekends.
· Occasional travel out of state or internationally may be possible.
Ability to create or design marketing a plus
Working knowledge of Nashville non-profit community and network a plus