Hope Clinic for Women Job Description
Position Title: Part-Time Nurse Practitioner
Position Type: Part-time, 6-12 hours weekly
Primary day on Thursday from 9am-3pm (potential to ad 6 hour shift on Wednesdays and 4 hour shift once a month on Mondays, typically 3rd Monday of the month)
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Reports To: Medical Services Manager
Hope Clinic for Women is a faith-based, safe and confidential place for anyone dealing with life choices regarding past, present and future pregnancies. We provide education, counsel and medical care for anyone regardless of age, race or religion.
Hope Clinic for Women is a Christ centered ministry existing to honor the sanctity of all human life as exemplified by:
- Teenagers and single adults choosing abstinence until marriage;
- Women and men choosing life for their child in the midst of a pregnancy;
- People experiencing God’s grace and forgiveness after an abortion;
- The transformation of hearts and lives by discovering the purpose and potential God intended for all His children.
- Providing STD testing and treatment
- Providing Paps and breast education
- Follow up with clients as necessary
- Conduct post surveys, track and submit results
- Respond to emotional needs of clients and coordinate with other staff to provide additional care and support
- Provide supervision and training and review for the NP students and other medical volunteers/interns, as directed by The Medical Services Manager
- Maintain membership with appropriate Nursing/Medical organizations
- Collaborate with Pregnancy Services and Counseling Services, to ensure best use of programs and services
- Complete flowsheets on all appropriate visit types.
- Complete all charting on the day of service, with minimal exceptions
- In non-client facing time:
- Stock exam/client rooms
- Assess medical and lab supplies needed and notify Medical Services Manager of shortages
- Ask the medical manager if there are additional tasks that need to be done
- Meet weekly with Medical Services Manager to coordinate care and receive updates on internal processes and needs
- Attend quarterly staff retreats
- Current Tennessee or Muli-State NP license
- Current Tennessee APN license with prescriptive authority
- Current certification as and FNP, SNM or WHNP
- Current BLS and/or ACLS certification
- Experience in non-profit environment
- Bi-lingual Spanish preferred but not required
- PRN availability to cover vacations
Hope Clinic for Women provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hope Clinic for Women complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hope Clinic for Women expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.