Renewal House is seeking a contract Chief Financial Officer to perform and oversee all accounting functions and financial reporting. In coordination with the CEO, this position is responsible for the financial health of the agency.
The ideal candidate will have a proven ability to effectively manage the daily accounting and overall financial management of an agency. The candidate will be committed to providing high quality financial services to ensure the agency’s ongoing financial health. This position is an excellent opportunity to merge daily accounting functions with big-picture financial leadership. If you are looking for a rewarding and challenging opportunity, this may be a good fit for you!
About Renewal House
Renewal House is a comprehensive addiction recovery community for women in recovery and their children, which includes family residential services for pregnant and parenting women and licensed intensive outpatient and recovery support services for women. Renewal House is committed to providing high-quality services for families to help families recover together. This fast-paced work environment offers an opportunity to have a real impact on families in our community.
The Chief Financial Officer, who reports to the CEO, is responsible for the following:
· Preparation of invoices, checks, account statements, and all other agency financial transactions.
· Maintaining financial records of the agency, including reconciling development records, processing deposits, and preparing entries to accounts.
· Providing comprehensive, accurate, and timely financial reports including internal and external reports, that summary the agency’s financial position.
· Analyzing financial reports to provide proactive oversight and monitoring of financial performance.
· Conducting agency accounting functions in line with Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures.
· Managing interagency transactions.
· Provide financial leadership to the agency and serve as part of the agency leadership team to ensure appropriate financial oversight and planning.
We’re seeking candidates who excel at financial management, are results oriented, and have strong accounting skills. Candidates should have:
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Understanding of nonprofit finances.
· Ability to simultaneously manage big-picture financial items while handling daily accounting functions.
· Ability to perform duties with minimal direction.
· Solid organizational and prioritizing skills.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance and three to five years of related experience.
· Experience working with Quickbooks.
· Demonstrated knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures
· Ability to effectively use technology to enter and obtain data, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel.