AmeriCorps Program Manager
Wednesday, October 09, 2019
Hands On Nashville
Current Posting Expires:
The AmeriCorps Program Manager (Manager) administers the Hands On Nashville (HON) AmeriCorps program which engages civic-minded individuals in yearlong terms of national service with local nonprofits. The Manager provides training and support to AmeriCorps members and host sites, evaluates the program, and ensures that outcomes are met in compliance with grant standards.
We build capacity for individuals and agencies to meet needs through volunteerism. Our programs connect volunteers to opportunities supporting 160-plus nonprofits, schools, and other civic organizations.
Our team members:
• care for each other, our city, and ourselves. We listen, learn, and act to effect change.
• thrive in dynamic, fast-paced environments, both independently and when working together.
• build collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders, with a commitment
to inclusiveness, professionalism, and respect.
About the Role
• Works with existing and potential service sites to understand community needs and how AmeriCorps members can build nonprofit capacity to meet those needs.
• Recruits a diverse and talented cohort of AmeriCorps members to serve with HON and its community partners, and provides high-quality orientation that prepares members for a successful term of service.
• Provides ongoing support to AmeriCorps members and service sites, including quarterly site visits, to ensure a positive program experience.
• Designs and delivers a six-part training series on nonprofit capacity building topics.
• Coordinates member participation in statewide service, teambuilding, and volunteer activities.
• Maintains documentation of programs and outcomes for evaluation and reporting.
• Assists with program and grant development.
• Adheres to departmental budget.
• Performs other related duties, as assigned.
• Enjoys learning and using new knowledge and skills to enhance program delivery.
• Has an eye for detail and can apply complex federal policies to program administration.
• Exceptional interpersonal, customer service, and relationship-building skills.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to effectively prioritize tasks, and manage people and projects with competing deadlines.
• Understanding of adult learning principles and how they apply to group trainings.
• Superior evaluation skills to assess overall program impact.
• Computer proficiency including Windows and Microsoft Office.
• Experience in nonprofit programming and/or grant management.
• Desire to continually optimize processes and improve program outcomes.
• Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of related work experience. Master’s degree preferred.
• Preference may be given to candidates with experience in National Service programs.
• National Service Criminal History Check clearance.
• Valid driver’s license and reliable access to a vehicle. Staff are reimbursed for work-related mileage.
• Ability to lift and/or carry up to 20 pounds.
• Flexibility to work occasional nights/weekends. Limited travel required.
- Programs and Service Delivery