Skilled Volunteerism Program Manager
Monday, November 04, 2019
Hands On Nashville
Current Posting Expires:
The Skilled Volunteerism Program Manager (Manager) leads Hands On Nashville’s (HON) skilled volunteer programming including GeekCause, an initiative that matches talented techies with community partners in need of their services. The Manager builds relationships with nonprofits and volunteers, facilitates all elements of the project process, and guides program development in order to build capacity for area agencies and provide meaningful skills-based service for volunteers.
We build capacity for individuals and agencies to meet needs through volunteerism. Our programs connect volunteers to opportunities supporting 140-plus nonprofits, schools, and other civic organizations.
Our team members:
· care for each other, our city, and ourselves. We listen, learn, and act to effect change.
· thrive in dynamic, fast-paced environments, both independently and when working together.
· build collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders, with a commitment to inclusiveness, professionalism, and respect.
About the Role
· Manages all steps of the skilled volunteer project lifecycle including consultation, volunteer matching, progression through benchmarks, and closeout.
· Uses data to evaluate project process and works with Director of Programs to implement changes.
· Participates in prospecting and outreach to nonprofits, volunteers, educational institutions, and businesses.
· Conducts training sessions and presentations for volunteers, nonprofit staff, and other audiences.
· Develops educational and promotional materials with the Director of Programs and communications team.
· Performs other related duties, as assigned.
· Meticulous attention to detail with the ability to effectively prioritize tasks and projects with competing deadlines.
· Superior capacity to troubleshoot and problem solve.
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, with the ability to build relationships and provide exceptional customer service.
· Experience working with multiple technology platforms/tools, with the ability to quickly gain a basic understanding of new tools and solutions.
· History of successful project and/or program management.
· Bachelor’s degree with 3-plus years of related work experience.
· Criminal history background check clearance.
· Valid driver’s license and reliable access to a vehicle. Staff are reimbursed for work-related mileage.
· Ability to work occasional evenings/weekends.